Tuesday 3 April 2007

Are you the real deal?

I love Mike Pegg. All I do is blog about a sermon that I suggest is a good example of a female speaker with energy and stories to tell.

Lets just says he didn't much care for Nancy's quote 'self-revelation as manipulation'. Said it reminded him of the great Alan Bennett sketch from Beyond the Fringe:

Life, you know, is rather like opening a tin of sardines. We are all of us looking for the key. And I wonder how many of you here tonight have wasted years of your lives looking behind the kitchen dressers of this life for that key. I know I have. Others think they’ve found the key, don’t they? They roll back the lid of the sardine tin of life. They reveal the sardines, the riches of life, therein, and they get them out, and they enjoy them. But, you know, there’s always a little bit in the corner you can’t get out. I wonder is there a little bit in the corner of your life? I know there is in mine! Ouch...

He then went away and came back several minutes later with suggestions for inspiring women role models and thinkers.

Sahar Hashemi Co-Founder of Coffee Republic and Author of 'Anyone can do it' - links here to her 3 min showreel and a longer (15min) talk. Very natural, warm and wonderful energy. Simple story telling backed up with lessons that can be used by anyone. The longer version well worth a look. She has a great story to tell ( IMHO )

I will be suggesting others this week - suggestions welcome :)